CPC Driving School East Yorkshire
The CPC, or Driver Certificate of Professional Competence, is a professional qualification for bus, coach and lorry drivers. The driver CPC is a required licence for bus, coach and lorry drivers within the EU.
Driving Schools are available in East Yorkshire for training.
CPC Driving School: What’s involved
The initial qualification is split into four parts:
The two Driver CPC theory tests are:
- part one – theory test (this includes 2 separate tests – multiple-choice and hazard perception)
part two – case studies
The practical tests are:
- part three – licence acquisition (practical test of driving ability)
- part four – Driver CPC practical test (vehicle safety demonstration)
In order to gain the qualification, drivers must pass all four parts. A decent training provider is needed for this.
CPC driving exemptions
Drivers do not need a Driver CPC if any of the following apply to their vehicle:
- has a maximum authorised speed not exceeding 45 kilometres per hour
- is used by, or under the control of, the armed forces, civil defence, the fire service and forces responsible for maintaining public order
- is undergoing road tests for technical development, repair or maintenance purposes, or is a new or rebuilt vehicles which have not yet been put into service
- is used in states of emergency or assigned to rescue missions
- is used in the course of driving lessons for any person wishing to obtain a driving licence or a Driver CPC
- is used for non-commercial carriage of passengers or goods, for personal use
- is carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, provided that driving the vehicle is not the driver’s principal activity
CPC East Yorkshire
East Yorkshire, being part of the UK, comes under this EU regulation. As such, 35 hours of periodic training are needed every 5 years in order to keep driving for a living. It is possible to keep track of this online, and there is no pass or fail element to these tests.